This card-collector rogue-like dungeon crawler has harvested very positive reviews during its first year on PC.
One-man studio Nerdook Productions (Reverse Crawl, Vertical Drop Heroes) announced today the release of its latest title, Monster Slayers, for Playstation 4, after its initial arrival on PC during March 2017. Monster Slayers is a rogue-like strategic card-combat and dungeon crawler similar tu games like Darkest Dungeon and Deep Sky Derelicts, but with a tone-down on their noir aspect, granted by Monster Slayers’ hillarious graphics and animations.
Monster Slayers has been mostly positively reviewed during its first year after release, with 88% of them finding it, at least, as positive. After creating a character, players will join the Monster Slayers Guild to make their way through the perilous Northern Valley, with the final objective of defeating the Harbringer.
The game features a card-collecting gameplay, mixed with turned-based combat and dungeon crawling elements. The rogue-like nature of Monster Slayers provides an engaging experience with a rewarding loot system, challenging battles and, most importantly, entertaining content.
The game features:
- Battle undead goblins, lion outlaws, mighty dragons and other monstrous foes using a unique card-based combat system
- Strategically shape your deck as you acquire new cards from merchants, treasure chests, and allies
- Collect fame from each run to unlock new abilities that can be used by future heroes
- Every playthrough is different: levels, enemy encounters and loot are randomly generated
- 12 different character classes to choose from: Rogue, Ranger, Knight, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Assassin, Beastmaster, Apothecary, Brute, Monk, and Necromancer
- Recruit companions to join you on your quest and make use of their special abilities
- Equip your hero with stat-boosting loot to improve the chances of victory
- Beat the game to unlock the ultimate challenge: Legendary Mode
Monster Slayers is out today on Playstation 4 for USD 14,99 and a starting discount price tag of USD 11,99.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.