The Messenger reveals August release date
The long-awaited action platformer we all have been waiting for
Developer Sabotage, in collaboration with Devolver Digital, have today revealed that the long-awaited action platformer, The Messenger, is finally coming to Windows PC and Nintendo Switch on August 30th, 2018! Since its original announcement, The Messenger has attracted a lot of attention, with receiving various awards at this year’s E3 and even becoming one of the most anticipated games of the year on the Nintendo Switch! The player embodies an anonymous ninja warrior who ventures into an evil world with a mission to deliver a parchment essential for the survival of his clan, while an army of demons besieges his village. The adventure starts like any good, traditional 8-bit ninja saga, but quickly develops into a fascinating time epic intricate 16-bit world peeping into exploration and the secret passages typical of the metroidvania, with everything beautifully interwoven with help of a sharp katana blade, convenient controls and an original musical accompaniment written by the composer Rainbowdragoneyes.
The Messenger also includes a variety of key features such as:
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
If you are interested in picking up the game when it launches, it will be available via The Messenger Steam page and the Nintendo eShop store for $19.99 / £15.49. You can pre-order the game right now!