Valfaris confirmed for Nintendo Switch
Nintendo’s console has been added to Valfaris’ release, planned for 2019.
Indie publisher Digital Uppercut and Steel Mantis announced at the ongoing Gamescom that their upcoming heavy metal action-platformer Valfaris will be available for Nintendo Switch, alongside with its release for PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One during 2019.
Valfaris, the next game from the team behind Unity Awards finalist, Slain: Back From Hell, is retro-style 2D action-platformer injected with heavy metal music. The game prides itself of featuring “brutal combat, deadly enemies, stunning pixel art and savage soundtrack”.
The story revolves around the vanishing of the fortress of Valfaris from all galactic charts, suddenly reappearing in the orbit of a dying star. As a result of this, the once self-contained paradise and grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
As Digital Uppercut’s latest press release informs, Valfaris will feature the following:
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
With a new set of screenshots available, Digital Uppercut hosts a closed-doors showcase of Valfaris during this year’s Gamescom. Its release is planned for 2019.