Are you ready to experience the Chinese Front?
Paradox Development Studio, the developers behind Hearts of Iron IV, are happy to announce that the Waking the Tiger expansion is now available! The expansion is bringing many improvements to the game whilst drawing attention to the Chinese Front story content which is also included. The Chinese Republic is barely 25 years old and has still not found the unity it seeks. But now, pressed by Japan, China’s factions might find in war the common cause that eluded them in peace.
New leaders and focus trees for Nationalist China, Communist China, the warlord states and the Japanese vassals add more depth and history to one of history’s forgotten fronts. In addition the Waking the Tiger expansion also includes:
- Chinese National Focuses: Divided and under threat, China has great reserves of manpower and diplomatic flexibility
- Chain of Command: Unite your armies under a field marshal who can take advantage of the many skills of the generals under his direction.
- Decisions and Missions: Historical decisions and national missions give you new places to spend Political Power, as you deal with domestic politics or start special projects.
- Commanders’ Traits and Abilities: Commanders’’ traits can now unlock powerful Command Power abilities, allowing great flexibility and creativity.
- Updated Axis Focus Trees: Alternate historical paths for the German Reich and Imperial Japan, including parliamentary rule in Japan and the return of the Kaiser to Germany.
- Acclimatization: Over time, troops will learn how to survive in the desert or harsh winters, giving these veterans an edge on the battlefield.
- And More: Capturing battlefield equipment, and a revitalised air war system that has room for Volunteer air wings.
As per usual Hearts of Iron IV will also receive a major game update alongside the expansion for free which will include all of the major improvements to the core experience. However if you are interested in picking up the expansion, you can do so via the Hearts of Iron IV: Waking the Tiger Steam page where it is available for $19.99 / £15.49.