Updated 25 May 2018
If you choose to allow cookies, then specifically, the data we store can help us to understand some or all of the following:
- Your gender
- Your age range
- Your geographical location (to nearest city)
- The operating system you are using
- Which pages you’ve visited on the site
- Which page you are currently visiting on the site
- Whether you’ve visited the site before
- How long you spend on different sections of the site
The data we capture does not include any personally identifying information such as your name or address.
What do we do with this data?
We never use or access individual data entries in this database. Instead, the data is fed into certain third party tools that allow us to optimise your experience of The Indie Game Website. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Allowing our editors to determine which types of content to serve
- Identifying how many people have read certain content or clicked certain adverts
- Showing you relevant Indie Game Website content on social media platforms
We also use this data to identify people who we think may be interested in our partners’ and clients’ games. For example, if you have read an article about a particular game on The Indie Game Website, and that game is made by a Game If You Are client, we may then serve you an advert for that game on Facebook. However, this data is never passed to our clients directly, and is instead only fed into tools such as Facebook Business Manager to be processed in an automatic, human-free manner.
If you would like any more information on how we use and process data, please email our parent company, Game If You Are, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply within 10 working days.