JRPG Azure Saga: Pathfinder is out now on Steam
Indonesian studio MassHive Media launched it’s Final Fantasy inspired sci-fi title.
Indonesian indie studio MassHive Media released today on Steam their turned-based strategy and sci-fi fantasy game Azure Saga: Pathfinder, that promises to engage many players out there looking for a Final Fantasy oriented story and mechanics and a nostalgic feeling for the early series’ graphics and aesthetics.
“With Azure Saga: Pathfinder, we wanted to rekindle the love for old-school JRPGs by zeroing in on what made them so fun to play,” said Andika Pradana, Creative Director at MassHive Media, enforcing the idea of reflecting on such a popular genre in gaming.
In Azure Saga: Pathfinder, players will take the role of Synch, a young scientist with the overwhelming responsibility of securing a new home for humanity in a far future where the whole species has spread to colonies throughout the universe and is now threatened to become extinct. Planet Azure seems to be the only hope and Synch will have to embark on a dangerous journey with the backdrop of a possible reuniting with a missing father.
As any other JRPG out there and the Final Fantasy series as a clear inspiration, Azure Saga: Pathfinder will require players to prepare their characters for encounters with multiple foes, engaging in tactical turn-based battles where choosing the right equipment, weapons and gear will be crucial.
Trying different play styles, strategies and loadouts promise a blast for those stats lovers wanting a game to test their capabilities. This, combined with puzzles and secrets scattered around the world will surely provide an immersive, story-driven challenge.
The latest press release from MassHive Media listed the following features for its new title:
- Immersive world: A classic storyline sure to please veterans and newbies alike.
- Traditional turn-based RPG gameplay: Classically inspired turn-based combat with random enemy encounters – like the Japanese RPGs of yore.
- Strategic planning: Configure your gear and jewels to help your characters reach their full potential.
- United Skills: Unite, mix, and match skills to discover powerful abilities – each with their own effects!
- Classic “old school” feel: The game is packed with adventures, puzzles, and secrets to discover.
Azure Saga: Pathfinder is now available on Steam for $9.74 – 25% off retail. The game will return to its original price of $12.99 on March 20. Azure Saga is compatible with Windows and Mac.