Can you survive the harsh conditions of Mars?
Paradox Interactive and Haeminmont Games have collectively announced that their new game Surviving Mars is now available worldwide! Surviving Mars is a management-strategy game that challenges players to plan, build and maintain a colony on the red planet. Sending forth a brave team of colonists and helping their population survive and thrive. Players will begin with the very first rovers and supply drops to the construction of suitable habitats for brave settlers from Earth, followed by maintaining a safe and satisfying life for their colonists.
Surviving Mars also includes a variety of key features such as:
- Build a Sustainable Future on Mars: Building on a planet not fit for human life challenges you to build a smart, functional colony. Planning isn’t about traffic jams; it’s about basic necessities of life. There’s never a good time for your air supply to have a power failure!
- Individually simulated colonists: Each colonist is a unique individual with problems and strengths that influence other colonists. Things can get “interesting” if your chief scientist develops alcoholism after one too many long nights in the lab. Create societies that value science over everything else, or attempt to engineer utopia among the stars.
- Exploration of Mars’ secrets: Inspired by the classic sci-fi of Asimov and Clarke, Surviving Mars holds many secrets. During each playthrough, players may encounter one of Mars’ individually crafted mysteries. Will those floating entities bring your colony great fortune, or terrible ruin?
- Future-ready features: Surviving Mars includes native 4K support on both the Xbox One X and the PlayStation®4 Pro.
- Full Mod Support: Built-in modding tools allow community creators to truly customise the red planet; day-one mods include a creator-led mission sponsor – The Yogscast!
If you are interested in picking up the game, you can do so via the Surviving Mars Steam page for £34.99 / $39.99. The game is also available on both the PlayStation Network Store and the Xbox Store for the same price.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.