Build boats and explore the changing waters and storms.
Make Sail is a physics construction adventure where players can create sailboats and navigate through advanced water and wind simulations. It mixes realistic physics with a fantastical setting. Build something beautiful or ridiculous and sail on to the next island in search of more items to customize your craft. Make Sail is a love letter to the beauties of the sea and journeys of self-reliance.
Ziba Scott from developer Popcannibal says of the in-game physics:
“Most video game boats are sluggish cars that ignore the wind. Our boats are wild horses of your own design, rooted in real physics, crafted to challenge the elements, chariots fit for the sea gods! They also break up and sink a lot. It’s fun.”
Make Sail features:
- Procedural placement of handcrafted islands, pieces and creatures.
- Custom water physics which accounts for weight, shape, drag, lift and drafting.
- Wind and water so realistic you can execute real world sailing maneuvers like tacking.
- Original, dynamic soundtrack by Clark Aboud.
- Square sails, lateen sails, energy field sails, propellers and Jets.
Make Sail is launching on Steam Early Access on the 30th of March and you can already add the game to your wishlist. There’s no price information available yet, however the developer did note that the Early Access phase is planned to last for one year, during which time the price may rise to reflect the amount of content in the game.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.