Nindies – indie developers producing games for the Switch celebrated.
Nintendo will offer a special selection of playable, unreleased indie games within the Nindie Arcade, located in the Nintendo booth at PAX East this year. These “Nindies,” the term for independent developers making games for Nintendo systems, will be available to talk about their respective games. Booth visitors will also get the chance to compete in informal four-on-four Splatoon 2 matches, mini-game challenges in the Super Mario Odyssey game and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze speed runs, among other activities. The PAX East conference takes place April 5-8 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Centre.
“We love being able to get fun games from Nintendo and our partners into the hands of some of our biggest fans,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “PAX East gives us the opportunity to showcase some of the best new and upcoming games for Nintendo Switch.”
Indie games to be playable in the Nindie Arcade include:
- Just Shapes & Beats* from Berzerk Studio
- Dead Cells* from Motion Twin (as seen in the featured image for this post)
- The Messenger* from Sabotage and Devolver Digital
- LUMINES REMASTERED* from Enhance Games
- Runner3 from Choice Provisions
- West of Loathing* from Asymmetric
- Pool Panic from Adult Swim Games
- Pode from Henchman & Goon
- Garage* from tinyBuild Games
- Next Up Hero from Aspyr Media and Digital Continue
*First time playable by the public.
Pax East 2018 is happening soon, starting on the 5th of April and running until the 8th in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. There are a limited number of badges still available if you’re interested in attending, however the Saturday and Sunday have both been fully booked.