This futuristic arcade-style multiplayer is within your grasp.
The game’s high-speed contact sport pits players against the opposition for control of nodes that bathe the arena in deadly lasers. Players must eliminate their opponents with speed, skill and strategy, working to evade rival coloured beams.
From indie publishers 505 Games and BAFTA award-winning development studio Roll7, this high-speed contact sport has spent its time in early access wisely. In a recent press release Simon Bennett, the studio director at Roll7, stated: ‘‘Early Access has allowed us to get feedback from players and focus on the priorities (…) we have worked on bringing new players to the community and delivery new and exciting content’.
And they weren’t lying; following several months in Early Access on Steam, Laser League will launch with a wealth of content including:
- 6 character classes; Blade, Smash, Thief, Ghost, Shock and Snipe
- 16 maps with unique laser patterns
- 15 power-ups with the possibility to drastically alter the match
- 12 modifier effects to adjust each class to best suit your playstyle
- 4 international stadiums packed with cheering fans
- Over 250 character customizations
Laser League launches on Steam on May 10th.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.