This fairytale metroidvania is just a cat’s whisker from release.
Catmaze is a metroidvania inspired by Slavic myths. In this fairy world you play as Alesta, a sorceress whose courage guides her through mysterious paths and dark forests in search of the lost road to Nav, the world of the dead.
With cat’s the only link between the world of Yavi and the world of Navi, the balance of the kingdom is in the hands of the character Cat Bayn who must choose whether or not to help the young sorceress Alesta.
Some key features to anticipate are:
- Environmental labyrinths of gloomy marshes, Slavic villages and centuries-old forests;
- Summoned creatures that help Alesta in battle;
- Characters whose destinies are in your hands – the completion of many side quests will determine how this adventure will end;
- Respect for all traditions of the metroidvania genre allows you to return back in search of secret paths and acquire new skills. The danger of the adventure is emphasized by the possibility of saving only in certain places;
- Fascinating battles with bosses, who have come from Slavic tales and tell us their unique history;
Catmaze will be available to download from Steam on May 24th.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.