Psychological horror AAA indie releases its frist part for PS4 and Xbox One.
Stormind Games and Darril Arts have announced the release of their psychological survival horror title Remothered: Tormented Fathers to Xbox One and Playstation 4 on July 25th, which represents the first episode of a three-part narrative project that includes a compelling soundtrack created by Nobuko Toda (Final Fantasy, Halo, Metal Gear Solid), and by Luca Balboni.
With an impressive use of Unreal 4 engine, Remothered: Tormented Fathers has been the subject of praise from many critic outlets for its intriguing storyline, immersive horror experience and deep characters.
The plot, as explained by Stormind Games, reads: Rosemary Reed is a charming 35-year-old woman who, by investigating on the disappearance of a young girl named Celeste, arrives at the Felton’s residence. Richard Felton is a retired notary who suffers from a mysterious disease. When she arrives she is greeted by Gloria, the nurse who takes care of the old man. The nurse agrees to let Rosemary inside the house to speak to Mr. Felton, but when the latter understands the girl’s true intentions, the dread begins.
With touches of Outlast and Resident Evil franchises going on, Remothered has pretty good chances of resulting in a AAA indie horror experience worthy of your attention both now and in the future when further chapters are released.
Remothered: Tormented Fathers features the following:
- Many ways to survive – The endless combinations of game dynamics make the experience available to every gamer: stealth, action, strategic, hide&run. Deceive your stalker and block him in another area of the house. Attack your enemy and make your items more powerful. Carefully study the behaviour of your stalker and his path. Don’t get too close to your enemy, act like an unperceivable shadow, hiding yourself from his sight. Or just mix these dynamics together.
- Psychological plot – Characters in the story are everyday people who turn themselves into scary monsters.
- Movie-like cutscenes – Thanks to his impressive direction, Chris Darril puts into play a story rich of complex life-like characters.
- Audio clues – Use the soundtrack and the 3D audio sound effects to understand when your stalkers are getting closer.
- No health bars – Your body is the only way to understand how you are doing.
- Realistic puzzles – Environments and characters have been conceived to be realistic and credible.
- Top-notch soundtrack – Nobuko Toda and Luca Balboni wrote the music for the game.
The first part of Remothered: Tormented Fathers will be released on Playstation 4 and Xbox One on July 25th. PC players can already enjoy this title with a 50% off discount price of $9.99.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.