The 2D fighting game funded by Kickstarter launches soon.
Pocket Rumble is a streamlined, beginner-friendly 2D fighting game inspired by SNK’s classic fighters on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. It retains all the gameplay elements that make traditional fighters great, but reduces the level of execution and memorization necessary to the absolute minimum.
Experienced players will be able to learn the game fast and then focus on deeper elements of strategy and mind-games, whilst new players can learn the ins and outs of fighting games without being overwhelmed, allowing everyone to hone their skills to a competitive level without too much grinding in training mode!
The game features a diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique meter and mechanics. There’s the cutesy Keiko who wields a demonic detonating cat called Q, to the grappler Subject 11 who harnesses psychokinetic powers to toss enemies like ragdolls, and ninja cowboy Hector, who uses a katana to keep his opponents at bay, but be careful, his specials also cost life-points, which must be restored using his meter.
Pocket Rumble features:
- Simple 2-button controls with universal and easy special move inputs, involving no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with straightforward timing and cancel system
- Diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties such as invulnerability to introduce players to fighting game basics
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode
- HD rumble support, specific to the Nintendo Switch version
Pocket Rumble will be launching on the Nintendo eShop on the 5th of July. If you want to get your brawl on now, Pocket Rumble is available on Steam Early Access, with 20% off for the summer sale until the 5th of July, priced at £5.59 / €7.99 / $7.99.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.