Long awaited real-time strategy announced with new trailer.
Steel Division 2 significantly expands on the real-time tactical battles featured in its predecessor, transporting the player to the massive battlefields of the Eastern Front and offering them a chance to command over 600 units fielded by the Red Army and the Axis powers. Wield the destructive force of the Katyusha rockets or charge ahead with the T-34 tank, players will be able to choose from up to 18 new divisions. Substantial changes to the Deck building mechanics and combat, together with a more realistic art direction, will deliver a much more refined player experience in Steel Division 2.
One of the major additions to Steel Division 2 are the new, turn-based Dynamic Strategic Campaigns, which will offer players a highly replayable experience where they relive history thanks to every detail being realized on a 1:1-scale – from the order of battle to the units, the maps and the combat . Each turn equals half a day, allowing players to form their strategy and plan their next encounter, while carefully managing their units and supply lines. Prospective commanders will be able to control entire army corps and subordinate battalions consisting of thousands of men.
Alexis Le Dressay, Game Director and Eugen Systems cofounder explains:
“We’ve made a lot of improvements to Steel Division 2 based on direct feedback from our most avid fans of Steel Division: Normandy 44. For instance, we know they will love the new single-player Dynamic Strategic Campaigns. But we are planning much more for Steel Division 2. Expect more details about new features and units after gamescom 2018. The game is a true passion project for us, and we hope players look forward to seeing more as development continues.”
The game features:
- Brand-new turn-based Dynamic Strategic Campaigns
- New setting, the Eastern Front, with the mighty Red Army and Axis powers
- Over 600 historically accurate units across 18 new divisions
- Realistic battlefields spread across 25 different maps
- Substantial changes to the Deck building mechanics
- New, realistic art direction to deliver a more immersive visual style
- Revamped combat offering a more refined tactical experience
- Host of game modes, offline and online, including co-op and massive 10v10 multiplayer battles
There’s no release date info for Steel Division 2 as yet, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated with any news.