Puzzle-based game of hope and heroism inspired by developer’s oppression during World War II.
My Memory of Us is a puzzle-based, side-scrolling story game of hope and heroism in the face of absolute terror. Story, narrated by Patrick Stewart begins in The City – a place inspired by pre-Second World War Warsaw, where a young boy and girl from two different worlds come together to be kids, free to play and enjoy life. War breaks out and the children, faced with forced separation, with your help, may find a way to stay together and survive the threat of the evil occupation of their world.
Mikołaj Pawłowski, CEO, Juggler Games said of the inspiration behind the game:
“The story of My Memory of Us is a personal one to us, as our grandparents faced similar oppression World War II. This game is our ode to them and the millions of others who lived and died during this time. So when it came time to cast a narrator, Patrick Stewart was the perfect choice. His amazing acting career spans nearly six decades, and since the very beginning he has produced incredible and emotional work. His talent and skill provides the right mixture of gravitas and hope, and his performance resonates perfectly with our game.”
Patrick Stewart’s illustrious career has produced unforgettable performances from his award-winning roles with the Royal Shakespeare Company to his work as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation and as Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men film series. My Memory of Us marks his return to the video game format, having previously lent his voice acting talents to titles that include The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
My Memory of Us Features:
- A moving story about friendship and love in dangerous times
- Beautiful, sketch-like graphics inspired by naïve art
- Pair mechanics: take control of two separate? characters with different skills and abilities, or control them as a pair
- A grotesque tale mixed with bittersweet humor
- The events shown in the game are based on actual stories from war
- A dialogue system built around the language of symbolic pictures
- Various logical puzzles in 2.5D
- A story that offers deeper meaning, set in historical realities
My Memory Of Us will launch on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One on the 9th of October. Check out the video above to enjoy Stewart’s narration.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.