State Of Mind is out now on PC and consoles
This highly anticipated cyberpunk narrative adventure has been released on all major consoles, PC and Mac.
Daedalic Entertainment’s highly anticipated sci-fi thriller and narrative cyberpunk adventure, State of Mind, has been released today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, GOG and Steam for both PC and Mac. This Berlin based indie development studio and publisher company has been responsible for many adventure and point and click games like Ken Follett’s Pillars of The Earth, A New Beginning and Skyhill: Point ‘n’ Survive.
State Of Mind is a new cyberpunk adventure game in which profound concepts like transhumanism, artificial intelligence and the results of an uncontrolled information and digital revolution. Players take control of Richard Nolan, one of the only journalists in this near-future world of 2048 that dared to question the faith of mankind and the path that the powerful have chosen for the rest of us.
The game’s world, as described by Daedalic, poses a reality dominated by “lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.”
After Nolan wakes up at a hospital and realizes his family is missing, he heads on to both find them and chase a thread of conspiracy that divides the world between those who want to embrace this new way of life and those who lead a rebellion against established powers.
As the developers pointed out in the game’s latest press release, State of Mind features:
- An unsettling vision of the near future players can throw themselves into
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard‘s past
State of Mind is now available on Steam and GOG at 29.99 Euro/USD and £25.99. The console version is available at 39.99 Euro/USD and £34.99.