Outrun the nightmares.
Lucah: Born of a Dream has made it’s way to Itch.io and Steam platforms, a year after it’s successful funding on Kickstarter in Summer 2017. Blending elements of interactive-fiction, RPG and character-action games Lucah aims to present a raw and unfiltered vision of wrath and sorrow. With a scratchy art style that looks interesting in its own right, this is certainly a game worthy of a closer look.
The game tells the story of Lucah, the Marked Child, who is cursed to have their inner demons manifest as monstrous Nightmares. Using a variety of magical Mantras and elemental Familiars, Lucah must traverse the hellish realm of their dreams, endure the nightmare onslaught, and lift the curse in a quest for Purification. Featuring a deep combat system that blends ranged- and melee-based styles with sophisticated character customization, players will explore an atmospheric hellscape of repressed memories and unspeakable feeling. Sounds like my room on a Friday night.
Lucah uniquely features:
- Striking colors and evocative linework.
- Mix and match over ten different Attack Mantras to create an endless variety of unique combos.
- Befriend Familiars and use their elemental magic to turn the course of battle.
- Personalize your character with virtues like slow-motion dodges, short-range teleports, or vampiric attacks.
- A 6-7 hour campaign thick with secrets, branching paths, and alternate play modes.
- Haunting electronic soundscape by sound artist Nicolo Telesca.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.