Some classic side-scrolling shooter action!
Independent developer, com8com1, has today announced that their title, Rigid Force Alpha is now available on Steam! For those who don’t know about the game, Rigid Force Alpha breathes new life into the side-scrolling shooter genre with its hand crafted 3D graphics, stunning environments and detailed visual effects. Players can arm their fighters with numerous upgradeable weapons, increase their firepower with adjustable Force Shards and collect Energy Orbs to unleash extremely powerful blasts against an armada of enemies and huge bosses. Marcel Rebenstorf, Head of Design and Production, has this to say about the launch of the game and how hard the team has worked to get here.
“We are immensely proud to bring Rigid Force Alpha to gamers world-wide. We have worked selflessly on the game since 2011 and it is our first title. We hope that players enjoy playing it as much as we have been enjoying creating it.”
Rigid Force Alpha couples an exciting story mode with a challenging arcade mode and has a vast number of features within the game, including:
- Unique weapons and power-up systems
- Vast amounts of different enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
- An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
- Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
- Six different action-packed 3D stages
- Adjustable difficulty level – for beginners to experienced players
- Leaderboards and 40 achievements to unlock
- Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait
If you are interested in checking out the game, be sure to head over to the Steam page, where you can find it for £7.49 / $9.99 / €9.99. Additionally, if you are a fan of the games soundtrack from the trailer, there is also a bundle available with the soundtrack included for a reduced price of £20.68 / $26.98 / €26.98.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.