The steam hit adventure racing game goes portable.
Defunct – it’s the distant future, earth is void of any living beings and only robots are left. One day, an adorable little robot accidentally falls out of the trash shoot of a spaceship, onto this desolate earth. He’ll need to make his way back to his mothership before it’s too late! The robot is broken though, which means he’ll have to make clever use of the abundance of surroundings he encounters along the way. The robot has to muster all his strength in order to build momentum, reach breakneck speeds and make his way back home.
You are equipped with a Gravitize engine. It is used to create a separate gravity around yourself; this is the main source of your speed. Use this in downhills to accelerate. But be careful, using it uphill will slow you down. In addition to this the world is full of different speed boosts such as Enerjuice, which you can pick up and use to go faster.
- High speed gameplay with unique ‘gravitation’ engine.
- Traverse 11 varied levels full of different climates, biomes and challenges.
- Unlock skins for the main character.
- School everyone with special (unlockable) tricks.
- Compete for the best completion times in time trial mode (which features 5 extra levels).
Defunct is available on the Switch digital store from today. You can also purchase Defunct on Steam where it’s received very positive reviews, for £6.99 / $9.99 / €9.99.