This VR hybrid between an FPS and racing game is now available for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality.
Indie developers at Astrofish Games have announced today that their futuristic VR racing and FPS hybrid game Ground Runner: Trials has left its Steam’s Early Access stage and is now available in its full build for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality platforms.
Ground Runner: Trials is an immersive sci-fi futuristic hybrid that mixes both first person shooter elements and vehicle-based destruction and racing features. In this world, players take the role of scavengers called Ground Runners, tasked with scouring and collecting valuable items and resources from a ravaged planet.
This VR experience counts with immersive environments crafted with stunning visuals and highly exciting gameplay, while players look for valuable Torsion Crystals all while being chased and hunted by the Corporate Alliance, which will dispatch other hover vehicles to take us down.
Ground Runner’s upgrade system lets players save credits and use them to get better gear and weapons for their hoverbikes, like thrust, handling and power. Dual weapons and other powerful guns will certainly help in order to keep those hunters at bay.
As the latest press release states, these are Ground Runner’s main features:
- Fully upgradable hoverbike with 360-degree view hands-only controls for total immersion
- Varied weapons (single and duel-wielded) including Electro-Pulse, Rocket Launcher, Beam Cannon and more
- Multiple large-scale maps to traverse
- Single-player campaign for players to conquer
- Different modes to take part in including Arcade Mode, instantly dropping you into the heart of the action
- Multiple enemy types to crush
- Convert loot to credits and upgrade your bike, improving thrust, handling and power
- Comfort mode to help prevent motion sickness
So if you’re a VR and high-octane action enthusiast, you can now pick up Ground Runner: Trials in its full build for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality for USD $19.99 on Steam.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.