Desert Child coming to PC, PS4 and Nintendo Switch this December
Time to take the hoverbike for a spin.
Akupara Games and solo-developer Oscar Brittain have today announced the launch date of their unique hoverbike racing adventure, Desert Child. The game will be debuting on Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PC on December 11, with an Xbox One version following on December 12.
In Desert Child you are broke, but talented, hoverbike racer who needs to find a way off Earth to compete in the Grand Prix, taking place on Mars. Players can expect to explore a vibrant pixel-art solar system in this stylized racing adventure flavored with colorful sidequests, fierce hoverbike competitions, and a chill, lo-fi hip-hop soundtrack, all developed by Oscar Brittain himself.
The game’s main features include:
- Hunt for bounties, deliver pizzas, throw races – do anything you can to earn cash.
- Explore a pixel-art solar system inspired by Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Redline.
- Customize your vintage bike with various modifications.
- Dine on a range of interplanetary cuisine with sweet buffs to help you win.
- Master deep combat and racing mechanics and define your own style.
- Race, shoot, and get better! Designed for replayability, with secrets that will keep you coming back.
- Chill to an original lo-fi/hip-hop soundtrack.
Desert Child is currently available to wishlist on Steam, and the game will also be a part of the Kinda Funny Games Showcase, taking place on December 8, 2018 at 10 AM PT on Twitch.