As always: explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate.
Portuguese studio Praxis Games announced today that the Alpha version for their debut 4X turn-based strategy game Interstellar Space: Genesis will be coming soon to PC. “What types of beings will the first explorers meet once they leave Earth’s gravity well behind? And what will happen when humankind makes actual first contact?” says Adam Solo, co-founder of Praxis Games, in an effort to shed some light into the high level concepts of this title.
Being an Emperor of a space-fearing civilization, players will be free to explore deep space and colonize in a pure 4X experience: explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate. But extermination may not be the best option when encountering unknown species. Will you encourage dialogue or will you go all-in with your firepower to put them down to their knees?
With its upcoming Alpha version, Interstellar Space will feature a soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth) and Neon Dolphin’s Ryan McQuinn. Players who pre-order the game will be able to get immediately through Humble Bundle’s store.
Inspired by classic 4X games from the 1990’s, Interstellar Space: Genesis features everything that a fan of the genre can expect: freedom to explore, amass an army to defend their civilizations, trade, gather resources and venture forth the mysteries of the universe.
- As the game’s latest press release states, Interstellar Space: Genesis features the following main aspects:
- Turn-based tactical combat with extensive ship customization and free space-based movement with range limits.
- Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and more) and Ryan McQuinn (Lotia, Dungeons & Doritos, Call of Cthulhu Mystery Program, Liberty: Vigilance, and Dark Dice).
- Custom alien races with specific planet types, unique leaders, and random tech trees for each civilization.
- Deep colony development, terraforming, and diplomacy systems.
- Varied exploration mechanics and freedom to define a civilization’s wants and needs.
- Complex economic model with asteroid mining, space tourism, and more!
Interested players can pre-order Interstellar Space: Genesis right now and access its Alpha build from November 29 through December 16 for USD $24.95.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.