Jagged Alliance is back with a brand new turn-based tactics adventure.
It’s been 23 years since the release of the first game in the Jagged Alliance franchise, back in 1995. And now it’s back. A brand new spin-off has been released today, called Jagged Alliance: Rage! and featuring the same turn-based tactics fans of the franchise have grown to recognize and love, developed by indie studio Cliffhanger Productions and published by HandyGames.
For newcomers to Jagged Alliance, we’re talking about a classic turn-based combat strategy game, mixed now with some adventure elements. You’ll be stranded in an island behind enemy lines and tasked with surviving. We’ll take control of a quirky cast of mercenaries that we’ll control and command in order to win every battle by taking every ability, terrain and special conditions into consideration.
Our small army of unique characters will face a drug overlord on a remote island with a whole army at his disposal. Our strategic minds will have to think every move and consider every shot if we want to avoid disaster and help the island’s population retake their homes and push back the bad guys.
As the game’s official website states, these are the main features we’ll find in Jagged Alliance: Rage!:
- 2 Player online co-op mode
- Deep turn-based tactical gameplay mixed with adventure elements
- Choose a variety of tactics ranging from stealth to brute force
- Strong character personalities with own skills, desires and personal conflicts
- Rage skills: Unique character abilities that get more powerful over the course of the battle
- Powerful Commanders coordinate enemy troops on the battlefields
- Face terrifying experimental drugs and use them to manipulate your enemies
Jagged Alliance: Rage! has been released today and is available for PC at a price of £15.99 / €19.99 / $19.99 and consoles at £26.99 / €29.99 / $29.99.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.