Take to the sky in this gothic adventure.
Sunless Skies, the RPG horror from developers Failbetter Games, will be coming out of Steam Early Access on January 31st, the studio have announced. The game has been in early access since August 2017 after its very successful Kickstarter campaign, which saw the game reach its funding target in just 4 hours. We previewed Sunless Skies when it was still in Early Access and found it to be an imaginative and tricky survival adventure.
In Sunless Skies, players are casts as the captain of a steam locomotive, travelling from port to port attempting to survive on limited fuel and rations. Learn the tricks of the skies to fulfil your captains greatest desires, whether that be fame, money or just getting by.
Steam lists the game’s key features as:
- Multiple, intertwining stories with a depth and richness unlike anything else in games, inspired by CS Lewis, Jules Verne, Lovecraft and HG Wells.
- Lush, hand-drawn 2d art to match
- Four giant regions to explore: celestial wilderness, impossible industrial empire, pagan midnight expanse, and the mysterious Blue Kingdom.
- A choice of play styles: build a lineage of captains as each dies, or reload your most recent captain and continue
- Key remapping and full controller support
To find out more about Sunless Skies head to their Steam page, where it will fully release on January 31st.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.