In space, now everyone can hear you scream.
Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows, the turn-based tactical RPG from Fair Weather Studios, is to get a new voice acting update as part of its continuing early access run. The additional voice acting aims to enhance the narrative driven sci fi experience of the game.
In this world, players are cast as Rogan Harker, a pirate captain leading his misfit crew through 20 available missions in the game’s core story campaign. He’s a recently released convict, so of course he’s speeding his way through space exploring, looting and fighting the system, man. Set in the studio’s universe of the Ancient Frontier, Steel Shadows is a standalone adventure. Customise your ship, take your fleet to the fringes of the universe and reek havoc.
According to the studio, some main features of the game include:
- A full campaign with over 20 story missions
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
- Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
- Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
- Experience over 50 random events
- Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space
- Three different strategic resources to manage
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events
To find out more about Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows, check out their Steam page.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.