Indie studio 13AM Games is also preparing a deluxe physical edition for later this year.
Canadian indie studio 13AM Games announced today the arrival of its highly praised chaotic multiplayer racing-brawler Runbow to current generation consoles Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Runbow was originally released on Steam back in 2016 and has been ported to Nintendo Wii U, 3DS and Xbox One.
Paired with publisher Headup Games, Runbow will also be getting a premium physical version including all DLCs available and some cool goodies packed in the box.
“Thanks to Headup Games we’re able to bring Runbow’s hilarious brawling and racing action to the PlayStation™4, where players can tackle challenges on their own or against friends and others worldwide via local and online multiplayer.”, stated co-founder of 13AM Games, Alex Rushdy. He also added: “Runbow was a must-have on the Wii U and we think it will also become a favorite among PlayStation™ gamers”.
The release date for this exciting racing game that combines elements from Super Smash Bros is currently being advertised as April 24th in its digital version.
With its fast paced gameplay and mechanics suited for a super fun multiplayer suited for up to 9 players, Runbow has gained many positive reviews for also being a colourful experience heightened by its upbeat soundtrack.
Runbow features a classic racing mode, but also provides the possibility of playing “King of the hill” and “Arena” experiences. Aside from that, the game also packs a big single player adventure with 140 levels and a “Bowhemoth” kind of survival mode to test every platformer enthusiast’s skills.
The latest press release for Runbow listed the game’s features as follows:
- Go head to head with your friends, locally or online, in Run, Arena, or King of the Hill, for a colourful, crazy competition. Host a Private Game for you or your friends, or hop into an Open Party and take on the world!
- Tons of costumes and indie guest characters are waiting for you to unlock, including Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Shantae, Lilac, and many more.
- Save Poster District from the evil Satura in Adventure, and choose your own path through a massive map of over 140 single player levels.
- Take on The Bowhemoth, a single, ultra-difficult challenge in the belly of a colossal beast. On your own or with friends, it’s sure to test the skills of even the toughest platforming veterans.
- Hundreds of pieces of unlockable Gallery content await you, from concept art to characters, and even some hidden secrets…
Until the PS4 and Switch versions of the game arrive, players can check out Runbow’s Steam page for more information.