Top down shooter with heavy customisation also gets playable demo.
Technolites re-imagines the top-down shooter with an engaging narrative featuring multiple endings. Set in the near future, humankind has begun to explore outer space in search of new worlds. A wayward mission to Jupiter’s moon Europa uncovers an ancient alien spacecraft – and four United Earth Space Alliance astronauts are tasked with perhaps the greatest challenge in the universe: Defeat a seemingly endless horde armed to the teeth with unknown weaponry.
Join the UESA team on their most important mission yet as they crisscross the solar system and galaxies to wipe out this new, horrifying threat. Unlike other shoot ‘em ups, you’ll be able to build your own ship from scratch and outfit it with dozens of unique parts and weapons. Customizing your ship allows you to decide how you want to play: build a small-yet-deadly ship allowing you to quickly dash and blast enemies – or craft an all-powerful, fully-loaded juggernaut able to give (and take) a mighty beating.
Fly your new spacecraft through 7 unique worlds featuring 20 detailed levels and blast enemies any way you see fit. For even more firepower, you can fight alongside a friend via online co-op, combine more than 500 weapon choices, and level up your crew of characters.
Branden Sloane, co-founder of Zugalu Entertainment says of the inspiration for Technolites:
“The first game I ever played on PC was Raptor: Call of the Shadows for MS-DOS on my uncle’s laptop. It’s what made me fall in love with PC gaming. For our first PC release, I wanted to pay tribute to that game and expand upon what I enjoyed most about it: earning credits and using them to purchase upgrades for your ship – which is exactly what we’ve done with Technolites, but on an even greater scale.”
Here’s a list of the key features in Technolites:
- Build your own ship from the ground up – and then equip it with your favorite weapons and upgrades.
- Enjoy fully-voiced, animated cutscenes with an awesome narrative to boot.
- Combine more than 500+ weapons.
- Unlock multiple endings.
- Soar through 7 unique worlds and 20 hand-crafted levels.
- Pick your difficulty: Start with Easy Mode for beginners – and amp up the difficulty for a true retro experience.
- Level up your characters for new effects.
- Fight alongside a friend in online co-op gameplay.
- Play on your desktop or mobile device – and take your save game with you on the go.
- Choose from multiple game modes – including Survival Mode, Hardcore, No Gun, and 3rd-person view Wormhole Racer!
The Technolites Kickstarter campaign is now live, and even though there are still 37 days to go, £5,174 has been raised so far towards the goal of £17,670. If you pledge £9 or more, you’ll receive a copy of the game at launch, slated for the fourth quarter of this year, as long as the campaign is successful.
You can also download the playable demo of Technolites on the itch.io page now.