All Walls Must Fall comes out of Early Access
The isometric strategy epic leaves Early Access!
Developer inbetweengames has announced that their debut strategy title All Walls Must Fall officially comes out of Early Access today. For those who don’t know, All Walls Must Fall is a tech-noir tactics game set in Berlin 2089 where the Cold War never ended. It takes place almost entirely in techno clubs which allows players to control a time-travelling secret agent who has only one night of clubbing to prevent a nuclear terror attack. Levels are procedurally recombined which gives the game a highly replayable campaign structure, while still offering individually crafted components and set pieces.
All Walls Must Fall takes heavy inspiration from genre classics like X-Com, Syndicate and REZ, as well more recent indie game releases like The Banner Saga, Braid, SUPERHOT and Crypt of the Necrodancer. The inbetweengames studio founders are three ex-YAGER employees who had previous worked on the extremely underrated Spec Ops: The Line and decided to form a studio after Deep Silver handed the development of Dead Island 2 off to another developer. In addition, the game also features:
- Hybrid real-time / simultaneous turn-based tactical gameplay
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Sci-Fi noir Berlin as a divided city in which the Cold War never ended
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities that allow you to experiment with possible futures and rewind to the past.
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible objects
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
For those who are interested in checking out or picking up the game, you can find it on the official All Walls Must Fall Steam page and the All Walls Must Fall itch.io, both of which are currently 30% off for $6.99 / £5.03 / €6.99.