The Harbinger’s quest for redemption continues!
Developer Laser Guided Games and Hollow Earth Inc have announced today that the second entry in their three-part story campaign for Golem Gates is now available on Steam. With the release of Book 2 and under the guidance of The Archive, The Harbinger journeys deeper into his forsaken world in search of an artefact that could put a stop to the corrupting force known as the Unbound. Wielding the power to manipulate and command nanites pulled from the atmosphere known as The Ash. The Harbinger and his legion of constructed golem advance to destroy the monolithic Golem Gates across five story missions with a new powerful enemy awaiting him: Tetra.
In addition to the five new story missions they are also adding a variety of key features with this update such as:
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options.
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.
If are interested in checking out the game while it is still in Early Access, you can do so via the official Golem Gates Steam page for £23.79 / $29.99. It is set to come out of Early Access on the 28th of March, 2018.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.