A true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre.
In collaboration with Buka Entertainment, Sobaka Studios has announced that their new title 9 Monkeys of the Shaolin is coming to PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, macOS, Linux and PC this year! 9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre in vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up games, crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler Redeemer is definitely for you! Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all of this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
In addition 9 Monkeys of the Shaolin also will feature:
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
No official date or price for the game has been announced as of yet, but hopefully we will get an update regarding that shortly.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.