This combination of the RPG, MOBA and Tower Defense genres is getting to consoles in a couple of months.
German indie studio Happy Tuesday announced today together with publishers at Headup Games the release of their innovative mash up between MOBA, RPG and Tower Defense genres, Hero Defense, for XboxOne and Playstation 4 platforms during the second quarter of 2018. The game was originally released for PC through Steam on the first half of 2016.
Hero Defense puts players in command of a group of heroes with the mission of protecting their world from the influence of the most powerful vampire in existence, Count Necrosis. Through exciting battles that mix the RTS, Tower Defense, MOBA and RPG genres, players will have to strategically place each member of their party in order to stop ravaging hoards of zombies and other undead creatures.
Though Hero Defense looks like a classic Tower Defense game on the outside, it really is a lot more. Each hero can be upgraded through a very neat skill tree, providing character progression as they become more and more powerful. The game also grants a lot of versatility by allowing to reposition heroes during the encounters, changing the Tower Defense aspect of the game into a much deeper experience.
Each hero performs better on a specific terrain and accompanied by different elements popping up in the map. Hero Defense really challenges real time thinking and represents a nice challenge for players that have already exhausted the Tower Defense genre and want something different.
As usual, here are the features mentioned by Headup Games through their latest press release:
- Kill creeps fast to punish the enemy in an innovative mix of RTS and Tower Defense.
- Liberate your island, assemble your team and enjoy hours of a narrated story.
- Defeat gigantic bosses which challenge you with their special abilities.
- Customize your heroes through a deep RPG layer.
- Rebuild your town and unlock new buildings and abilities.
- Gain XP to access and level up each hero’s individual skill tree.
- Gather loot and equip spells that freeze, burn and poison the undead.
- Modify weapons by collecting and socketing powerful runes and customize your builds for devastating combos and skill-synergies.
- Replay procedurally generated enemies and endless mode challenges.
Different customization and personalization aspects of Hero Defense grant a very special deepness and rewarding experience throughout. For PC players the game has been available since 2016, but now console players will be able to try out this highly praises indie title when it hits Playstation 4 and Xbox One during the next couple of months, as an exact release date hasn’t been informed yet.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.