Polygod devs Krafted Games discuss new control system.
Indie studio Krafted Games today announced that Gyro Motion Aiming controls will be included as an optional feature in the Switch version of Polygod, the minimalist, rogue-like, randomly generated, first person shooter.
Polygod has already attracted a legion of fans at Early Access stage on PC with its distinctive, bold visual style and solid gameplay mechanic. Now poised for launch on XboxOne, Nintendo Switch as well as full launch on Steam for PC, Polygod is ready to challenge even the most refined FPS guru.
Dominic Obojkovits, co-founder, Lead Designer & Programmer at Krafted Games said of the new control scheme:
“We’ve noticed a trend of Switch players using gyro motion controls in conjunction with standard controls to gain more accuracy. We think this control system will enhance the FPS experience of Polygod so we’re adding it as an optional feature for all Switch gamers.”
- Infinite level possibilities – maps are randomly generated and seeded providing a tonne of replayability, but then shareable among friends in order to encourage competition with full leaderboard support
- Brutal Difficulty curve – Only the most skilled gamers will ascend to Godhood…
- Online co-op and versus multiplayer – Allows for competitive fun to be had among friends featuring daily leaderboards
- Skill based gameplay – Built upon a principle that if one lacks skill, it can be substituted for strategy and vice versa. Eg. unskilled strategic players will be just as good as skillful nonstrategic players.
- Unique ‘Blessings’ based weapon customisation system – Combine and stack ‘blessings’ to create hundreds of thousands of unique weapons, blessings combine to give a high level of depth. Deep understanding is required to fully utilise the blessing system which in turn gives a high replay value
Polygod is available on Steam Early Access now, and will fully launch soon (no date yet) on Steam, Xbox One and Switch for £16.19 / €16.59 / $14.99.