Bringing parks and recreation to PC Towns!
Today Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced that Cities: Skylines will be getting a playful new expansion, Parklife on May 24th, 2018. The new expansion is a lively add-on for the PC version of game which will include a variety of new content for your city such as new amusement parks and zoos; nature reserves and city parks, giving new life to your empty land with custom green spaces. Additionally Parklife adds new ways to play with everything from roller coasters and campsites to flower beds, fountains and flamingos. Some of the more leisurely inclusions to the expansion will feature:
- Parks and Recreation: Use the new park area tool to create park district s wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness, and helps level up parks.
- Brick by Brick: Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, fresh attractions like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos. There’s also a regal new monument, the Castle of Lord Chirpwick.
- Freeway Free for All: For the first time in Cities: Skylines, you can place buildings next to paths in the park districts (not just next to roads). Props can be placed anywhere inside park areas.
- Recesses Between Buildings: Transform those empty spaces between your buildings into vibrant parks and gardens.
- It’s a Walk in the Park: Customise routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Policies, Please: Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies to deal with recreational hazards like Fireworks and Animal Ethics.
In addition to this expansion, Cities: Skylines will also receive a free PC update, as usual, including a new tourism panel, trees that reduce noise pollution, a camera mode upgrade, new tourist models, and new modding features, including submeshmodding and an improved camera system so users can control the camera with scripts. If you are interesting in pre-ordering the expansion when it comes out, you can do so via the Cities: Skyline – Parklife Steam page where it is currently 10% off for £10.25 / $13.49.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.