Get ready for some roguelite platforming!
Aura of Worlds, a creative strategy roguelite platformer is making its way onto Steam next week on April 24th. The game has a strong focus on exploration, improvisation and manipulating the environment to your advantage and you will to survive through utilising your wits, reflexes and creative abilities. Outrun death walls, escape flooding passages, face off against gargantuan bosses that have made entire mazes their home. Do you play defensively with the spear and shield, or swing into the fray with a grappling hook and boomerang?
Aura of Worlds is set to include of variety of features such as:
- Over 70 unique enemies and traps and 8+ randomized level themes. Such include tidal corridors filled with mines, rising lava, caverns lined with toxic and carnivorous plants…
- A plethora of creative abilities ranging from parkhour to cloaking to warping time itself!
- Every object has multiple uses E.g. you can grab that lantern from the ceiling, and carry it around to use as a portable light source or improvised flaming molotov…
- Hand crafted pixel art and animations by Jessica Turner and Lachlan Cartland.
- Custom sound/music by Mat Dwyer and Amanda J. Lim.
- Each situation is intended to be challenging but solvable with planning and agility. For example, there is a laser forcefield trap in front of you. Do you throw an enemy into it? Blow up the conduit with a grenade? Blink through it? Cloak yourself to pass through undetected?
- There is a multitude of mechanics such as cones of visions for enemies, turret hacking, grab and throw almost everything, mouse aiming, 2d spherical lighting and terraforming…
No price has been announced as of yet for the game, however if you wanted to add it to your wishlist, you can do so via the Aura of Worlds Steam page!
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.