An accessible yet challenging action roguelite!
Digirati, in partnership with Ludomotion and Nephilim Game Studios have announced that the award winning roguelite Unexplored will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in the form of Unexplored: Unlocked Editon, which will include the critically acclaimed dungeon crawler and all three of its DLC packs: Mithril Run, Ripley Run and The Dark Ritual. For those who don’t know, Unexplored is the roguelite that feels like a roguelike that has won praise for its revolutionary level generation tech. Descend into the depths of the Dungeon of Doom and complete your quest: steal the Amulet of Yendor from the fearsome dragon and make it out alive.
The game is set to include a variety of key features such as:
- Explore the ever-changing Dungeon of Doom – no two runs the same
- Intense melee combat – fight against goblins, trolls, skeletons, wyrms and many more creatures and bosses
- Stealth mechanics – dungeon-crawl like a real rogue!
- Real emergent gameplay with many tactical options
- Challenging, generated puzzles await on every new run
- 7 distinctive character classes to unlock and master: Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, Archer, Cleric, Barbarian, Musketeer
- Adaptive, original soundtrack complements the action
- Mithril Run DLC: Explore the dark abandoned mines of Moryondor and escape with as much gold and treasure possible
- Ripley Run DLC: Armed with your trusty repeater crossbow, face off against a horde of alien Creeps
- The Dark Ritual DLC: Stop a group of cultists summoning The Great Old One in this Cthulhu-esque mystery
Unfortunately the game has no official release date besides Spring, but hopefully we will get updated with a release date sometime soon!
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.