MakinGames Studio released its old school, arcade-style beat ’em up.
Award winning international games label Team17 and independent developer MakinGames announced today the release of Raging Justice, an arcade-style retro beat ’em up brawler with nostalgic graphics and an action packed experience with some new twists to the genre. The game is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch™, PC and Mac.
In Raging Justice players will play solo or team up in co-op mode with friends to bring justice to the streets and arrest criminals or let the heavy fist of the law crush them. The city is in chaos, crime and corruption is at an all-time high, with thugs wreaking havoc on every corner. It’s up to you to punch, kick and brawl your way through the deadly streets.
As Team 17 stated today through their release announcement, Raging Justice features the following:
- Arrest warrants – You have the option to either obliterate your foes or play by the rules and arrest them. Being a good cop means you will get more health but in the heat of a brawl violence can sometimes be the only answer. You get more points playing bad cop but it’s a dog eat dog world so watch out that your mate doesn’t swipe the loot before you do.
- Combat – Kick, punch and stomp your way through levels of 2D carnage with three playable characters: Rick, Nikki and Ashley, each with their own distinct fighting style
- Unique art style – Raging Justice has a distinctive art style reminiscent of classic arcade favourites brought to life with high definition 3D renders
- Vehicles – Mow down your foes on four wheels by jumping aboard lawnmowers and tractors. Vehicles will make you untouchable but if their health hits zero be prepared for an explosive exit!
- Weapons – Gear up with a variety of weapons. Smash your way through a bar fight with a stool, hit a home run with a baseball bat or ruffle your foes feathers with a deadly pigeon
- Leaderboard – Fight for the top spot on the global leaderboards. As the tension rises so can your score, use precision, timing and a tactical mind to secure your place among the best!
- Co-op multiplayer – Don’t battle through the streets alone, enlist a friend to help you in some multiplayer madness. Including single Joy-Con™ support on Nintendo Switch!
Raging Justice is available today from the Microsoft Store, the PlayStation Store, Nintendo eShop™ and Steam priced at £9.99/€12.99/$14.99 with a 10% discount during launch week.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.