Remnant races to Kickstarter
This 4X strategy game is looking to conquer Kickstarter.
Remnant, a real-time 4X strategy game, is heading back to Kickstarter to raise funds for the creation of additional art assets required to complete the game.
This ambitious sci-fi sets the player in a single planetary system, where you must take command of a rising faction and lead your people to prosperity. Don’t take too long getting your space-legs, because with enemy factions on your heels, you must quickly expand your influence across the system, consolidate power and quell internal strife.
The principle design goal of Remnant is to create an experience where the player feels emotionally connected from start to finish. Every facet of your empire has a name, face and individual identity that you become attached to. In an endless sea of clones and “re-imagined” experiences, Remnant strives to be different.
Here are just a few features that make Remnant a unique strategy experience:
- Everything has an individual identity: agents have faces, ships have names, colonies are more than an impersonal collection of building tiles.
- There are no buildings at all: no farms, mines or power plants to worry about. No repetitive build orders to execute with every new colony. Instead, agents lead development programs that give each colony their own unique purpose and identity beyond their numerical total output.
- Classic resources are a thing of the past: no ore, metal, gem, crystals to collect.
- Single planetary system: a dynamic map that follows Kepler’s laws of planetary motion to create a shifting strategic landscape.
- Full 3D movement: no tiles, grids, planes or lanes. Fly around every sector with a full Newtonian flight model.
- Small scale: deliberately lacking in scale to create a deep experience, rich with roleplaying potential and personal narrative.
To show your support for the promising, Remnant you can head to their Kickstarter page. Remnant will be released later this summer on Steam for PC, Mac and Linux.