Iro Hero out now on Switch
Retro-inspired vertical-scrolling shmup Iro Hero globally released.
Iro Hero combines the old school, pixelated charm of 80s arcade shooters with the complex, high-octane action of a modern bullet hell shmup. Combining complex enemy AI, polarity mechanics, and light puzzle elements, Iro Hero unleashes mind-melting mayhem on the Nintendo Switch! Players will have to shift polarities to avoid color-coded hazards, balance an array of unlockable skills, and make use of reflective surfaces and color areas if they’re to make it through Iro Hero’s 9 action-packed stages intact.
Set in the year 2306, Iro Hero opens a century after humans learned how to harness their energy to produce electricity. Over the years nefarious enterprises have turned this gift into a curse, with humans being treated as little more than batteries. Following the death of his mother, a teenager named Iro learns that he may be the key to mankind’s freedom.
“Iro Hero is a labor of love from all of us at Artax Games,” said Artax Games Lead Game Designer Jesús Luengo Rico. “We’ve been obsessed with balancing each level and every single detail to build a tight and exciting experience, capable of challenging even the most experienced shmup players.”
- A two-color polarity system, emphasizing risk vs reward gameplay where you charge up your powers in matching colors.
- Discover an exciting story that takes place across 9 action-packed levels.
- Encounter 10 different types of enemies with more than one hundred different behaviors.
- Defeat 10 final bosses in the vein of classic arcades.
- Unlock special skills, offering many creative and strategic options.
- Acquire upgrades to increase the firepower and capabilities of your spaceship.
- Rise to the top of the online leaderboards.
Iro Hero is now available on Switch worldwide, priced at £11.69 / €12.99 / $12.99.