30-minute playthrough gives a taster of this colourful heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer.
Steel Mantis, the team behind Slain: Back From Hell, have announced their new project Valfaris with the help of a handy playthrough video. Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformed with brutal combat, deadly enemies and stunning pixel art all to its name. Get ready for a mighty slice of interstellar carnage!
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
Valfaris is currently scheduled to launch on PC, PS4 and Xbox One with the release date still TBC.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.