Save the world from black and white and colour the world back to life.
de Blob is a 3D platformer where players maneuver their hero, de Blob. Equal parts amorphous blob of paint, struggling artist, revolutionary and juvenile delinquent, de Blob’s goal is to replace the drab, lifeless gray coloring that the I.N.K.T. Corporation has imposed on Chroma City and its inhabitants, the Raydians, with a range of vibrant life-giving colours, all the while avoiding and battling the gray-clad forces of the Inkies.
de Blob features both a deep story-driven single player mode where players get to dig into the Raydian’s struggle against all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation, as well as a diverse range of multiplayer options. These multiplayer campaigns support up to four players, come with street and sewer maps and include 1-4 player split-screen functionality.
The game features:
- de Blob: Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to launch a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color
- Long Live Colour. Join the Colour Revolutionaries in the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets
- Free The Citizens: Free your friends from a black and white world by painting the city back to life as you dodge ink cannons, flatten I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmart Inky soldiers
- Multiplayer: Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen in eight different multiplayer modes
- Save your City: Paint Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom colors, patterns and soundtracks
de Blob originally launched on Steam in April of last year, where it’s received very positive reviews. The Steam version is also currently enjoying a 50% discount, running until the 5th of July. From today, you enter the colorful world on Switch for $29.99.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.