This award winning retro-style arcade platformer slimes its way through Sony’s console.
New York based indie studio Fabraz has announced today the release of their retro-style action platformer Slime-San: Superslime Edition on Sony’s Playstation 4. Acclaimed by critics all over the world, Slime-San is the fourth project by Fabraz, previously known for Planet Diver, Cannon Crasha and Wild Wild Pixel.
In Slime-San we take the role of a little slime that gets eaten by a giant worm, after which we either get digested or escape, dodging the worm’s intestines and find our way back out its mouth. The Superslime Edition comes with some new features and levels, as well as the three original campaigns, all of which consist of our slime friend being eaten by some creature up the food chain.
- Some of Slime-San’s main features, as written by Fabraz, include:
- Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
- A game filled with content: 160 levels made out of more than 600 rooms combined with 160 new game+ levels totalling to a staggering over 300 levels and 1000 rooms!
- Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
- Collect partially-digested collectibles to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini-games!
- Altogether 7 different mini-games – get your quarters and hit the arcade!
- Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
- Switch to different characters with complete new play styles: Shadow, Marble and Grandpa-san!
- “Dynamic Colors” Feature that will alter the game’s color palette to a unique one for each world!
All in all, Slime-San: Superslime Edition is a great asset for any fan of old school arcade-style games, with classic graphics and a suited soundtrack that takes us back to those action-packed thrilling games in our local arcade shops, filled with the all-too-well-known sound of button mashing and scoreboard numbers.
Proof of this is the fact that Slime-San has been showcased at the National Videogame Arcade (May 2017) and the Smithsonian Arcade Selection (July 2017). Other recognitions include IGN’s Best Platformer of 2017 – Finalist (December 2017), Making Games: Best Newcomer (October 2017) and Best of in Pax East by Marooner’s Rock (March 2017).
Slime-San: Superslime Edition can be purchased right now for Playstation 4 for $14.99, and Playstation Plus members will enjoy a 20% off discount price.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.