The chaotic platformer comes to consoles with local multiplayer.
Runbow, and all its multiplayer madness, is coming to Nintendo Switch and PS4. The world of Runbow changes with each swipe of the background, so you’ll have to stay on your toes as platforms and obstacles disappear – If you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist. Fast, frantic, and fun for up to nine players, Runbow is filled with tons of modes and content to keep you running back for more.
Runbow features an eye-catching color mechanic that has racers brawl against each other while objects and platforms appear or disappear based on the continually changing background color.
All multiplayer modes can be played by up to 9 players simultaneously online, while it features 8-player local multiplayer madness on Nintendo Switch as well as 4-player local chaos on PS4. Besides that, it contains several co-op modes, also playable with that amount of players, as well as a bevy of content in its single-player modes that will test the skills and minds of any seasoned platformer.
Once released, Runbow will feature several DLCs for costumes and additional game modes:
- Join Hue and Val as they race through over 140 challenges in Adventure to stop the evil Satura once and for all.
- Take on the Bowhemoth: One uninterrupted gauntlet of our toughest levels inside the belly of an enormous beast!
- Race to be first to the trophy in Run be the last one alive in Arena, or battle for the single control point in King of the Hill.
- Play with friends online to race, platform, and fight each other on a 2D plane.
- Grab your gang and go where no man has gone before in Satura’s Space Adventure. This content adds 36 additional Adventure levels to tackle and even more costumes and music packs.
Runbow is available on both PS4 and Nintendo Switch now, priced at £11.49 / $14.99. PS Plus members can currently buy the game with a 20% discount. You can also pick up Runbow on Steam in the summer sale, priced at £5.49 / €7.49 / $7.49.
A fan of indie RPGs, Andrew splits his time between grinding for XP, and writing about grinding for XP. As well as running our news section, Andrew eats a medically inadvisable amount of Marmite.