Shortest Trip to Earth set to launch later this year
To boldly go where no sim has gone before!
Publishers Iceberg Interactive and developers Interactive Fate have today revealed that their upcoming game, Shortest Trip to Earth, will be released through Steam’s Early Access program later in 2018.
Shortest Trip to Earth is a roguelike spaceship simulator featuring exploration, ship management, game-influencing decision-making and real-time tactical battles. Players will embark on a perilous journey across a procedurally-generated universe, while an intergalactic war is raging. Venture through massive space sectors crawling with exotic lifeforms. Engage in action-packed tactical combat against hostile ships, boarding parties and inter-dimensional space monsters.
Master the art of survival by customising your ship with modular components and perks. Choose from a range of spaceships and manage life within your vessel – from crew, pets and drones to ship modules and weapons. Shape your journey through hundreds of multiple-choice events, featuring unique hand-drawn illustrations. But beware of the unforgiving permadeath feature.
Key features include:
- Master the art of survival in unexplored space
- Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
- Ship customisation & crew management
- Epic real-time tactical space battles
- Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
- Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
- Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
Budding space travellers can wishlist the game on Steam now, to be notified when the game releases.