Randomly generated rogue-lite post-apocalyptic action RPG shooter coming this year.
Infected Shelter attempts to take on the end of the world in a light-hearted, yet violent, way. Billed as a cross between Dead Cells and Castle Crashers, Infected Shelter mixes rogue-lite gameplay with co-op multiplayer insanity.
Every run is different because of the randomly generated content. By beating enemies players can loot more than 150 different blueprints of permanent improvements and this is the key to Infected Shelter’s replayability. Instead of just collecting loot to make yourself more powerful during a single run, you unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements that change how you play the game in the following runs.
Square Enix Collective is a monthly program where indie developers can pitch their games. Square Enix then allows gamers to decide which ones are the most promising.
Infected Shelter features:
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Rogue-lite / rouge-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-repeat
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- 50+ character traits
- 4 different playable characters
- Tons of guitars, wheelchairs, pets, drinks, active items
- 200+ areas and shelter rooms
- Fully supported singleplayer experience
- Local co-op with up to 4 players
Infected Shelter is expected to launch on Steam in the fourth quarter of this year, with PS4, Xbox One and Switch versions coming “later”. We’ll keep you updated with further details as they come.