Inspired in games like The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and Stardew Vallew.
Spanish indie studio Chibig, creators of the highly regarded adventure game Deiland, announced today that they’re working on the release of a new game called Summer In Mara, due to be released in 2019.
Chibig has specialized its efforts in creating single-player, relaxing, narrative-driven adventure games, which could be seen through Deiland. Summer In Mara, inspired by the exploration freedom seen in The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, presents an exploration and farming game with a young girl as protagonist and a tranquil environment to enjoy. Farming elements similar to those seen in Stardew Valley are also present in Chibig’s new project.
“You’re Koa and you’ll have to take care of your own island, farming the land and crafting new tools in order to survive. You can also sail away with your boat to new islands, meet unique characters and find sunken treasures. But the ocean called Mara wants you to fulfill your destiny and when it calls you, you’ll have to answer.”, reads Summer In Mara’s press sheet.
As stated in its latest press release, Summer In Mara features the following key elements:
- Summer in Mara is a adventure and farming game, with an archipelago full of islands and secrets to explore.
- Day and night cycle with climate events.
- More than 100 quests to make the world a better place.
- Over 20 characters to meet and trade with. Befriend them!
- Improve your boat, make it bigger, better and faster.
- More than 130 inventory items to make, use and trade.
- Unlock and acquire new abilities and skills for Koa, helping her craft, trade and explore.
Summer In Mara will be released for PC, as well as for Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch consoles at some point in 2019.
Our boy from Buenos Aires, Juan has been a gamer for as long as he can remember (and possibly even longer than that). He loves a good story, and believes every indie game has a compelling one to tell.