After The Collapse comes to Steam next week
An Early Access post-apocalyptic base builder!
Anarkis Gaming, the developers behind the 2016 release Endless Galaxy, have today announced that their new title After The Collapse is coming to Steam Early Access next week on October 8th! With a strong focus on scavenging, repairing and reusing existing structures and technologies, After The Collapse is a 2D top-down base builder set in a post apocalyptic world featuring urban environments. Help keep your survivors alive by managing them and protecting them against raiders, mutants and environmental threats. Everything you see in a traditional base builder is here such as tech to research, rooms and structures to build, fields to harvest and so much more.
Some of the games key features include:
- Unique thematic in base building games, heavily inspired by the Fallout and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universes.
- Map resources are scarce, enough to make a small base but not much more, players will have to rely on scavenging and trading to expand.
- It works on a large scale with, currently, a soft-limit of 30 survivors (actual limit has yet to be determined).
- Send scavenging expeditions (menu driven for now) in the depths in the city ruins to excavate rare tech and resources.
- Items are not stored on the ground but in proper containers.
- Ammunitions (usage and production) are handled, and survivors are clever enough to manage them without micro-management
- Survivors with their own statistics, traits and aptitudes
If you are interested in checking out the game at all, or just putting it on your Steam wish list. Be sure to head over to the After The Collapse Steam page when it releases next week. At time of writing, no price has been given.