Do you want to re-live the 90s?
Dotemu, the developer and publisher specializing in remastering and reintroducing classic games on modern platforms, has released Windjammers on the Nintendo Switch. Windjammers’ Nintendo Switch version intends to offer a near identical emulation of the original 1994 release, adding five new game modes in the process.
A cult classic sport among arcade and NEOGEO fans, Windjammers’ courts host battles of reflexes and strategy between two players as they fling discs toward their opponent’s goal while defending their own. Windjammers’ easy-to-pick-up mechanics quickly introduce depth, rewarding both newcomers and veteran players who learn advanced levels of play with fast-paced matches. Compete for top-frisbee dude status on the game’s global online leaderboards and challenge anyone.
If you weren’t around in the 90s to remember this title, the game’s main features are:
- 5 game modes: ARCADE, INFINITE, LOCAL VERSUS, ONLINE QUICK MATCH, & RANKED MATCH
- Online Versus: for the first time ever, face other players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues!
- 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
- 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
- 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance & Bowling
- New HD menus
- Trophies and leaderboards
If you want a boost of nostalgia, you can find out more about Windjammer’s at Dotemu’s website. Windjammer’s is now available on Nintendo eStore for $14.99.
Part of our core news team, Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.