Drivers start your rocket engines.
Trailblazers, the cooperative arcade racer that previously released on Steam and PlayStation 4, is now making its way onto Nintendo Switch on November 15th, 2018. Trailblazers is a fresh co-operative racing title with an unique and innovative on-track game mechanic: paint the track, boost on your colour, and work as a team to win. Racing in teams of up to three-versus-three, players paint the track as they race, capturing key areas to dynamically change the racing line, then boosting on their team’s colour. Racers who drive with flair and style will also amass skill points to blaze their way to victory.
Some of the key features that are included in the Nintendo Switch version are:
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive Character: A new character is introduced to the racing line-up – the overbearing space frog father of Boo – Boo’s Dad!
- Access to All Content: Nintendo Switch players will experience end game content right from the get-go!
- Campaign Mode: Compete across the galaxy on different race tracks and be entertained by the antics of the most eclectic set of racers this side of the cosmos.
- A Musical Feast: Enjoy the retro-futuristic soundtrack that fits perfectly with the visual aesthetic of the game, aural soundscapes from the officially licensed soundtrack featuring artists like; Skope, Derevolutions, A.Skillz and more.
- Award Winning Artist: Gorgeous Trailblazers artwork designed by BAFTA award-winning artist Will Milton.
- Scenic Tracks: In the race for glory, players will scorch their way through mountain ranges, lush rainforests and arid desert valleys in Trailblazers.
- Diverse Characters: Each driver plays a vital role in the racing community and together they unfold the story of the Trailblazers world, each having a specific role and style of driving.
- Futuristic Fleet: Players can choose from a showroom of the fastest race cars in the galaxy, each with customized stats to fit every play style and track type.
- Cross-platform Play: Team-up or face-off across the platform divide!
Be sure to head over to the Nintendo eShop starting November 15th if you are looking to pick the game up for yourself.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.