Weathering the storm.
Epicinium, a strategy game in development by A Bunch of Hacks (genuinely their studio name), has gone live on Kickstarter. In this world, nature is the finite resource you must manage. Changing seasons and global warming introduce different weather effects that alter the course of a match. At the end of the game, the victor is scored via for how much nature remains.
The game is in development for Windows, macOS and Linux. As it currently stands, it features:
- Multiplayer battles with up to 8 players in free-for-all
- Versus-AI skirmish matches, featuring 4 AIs with different strategies
- Well-balanced selection of buildings and units to produce, each with their carefully crafted part to play
- Global warming system, inducing a multitude of different weather effects adding to gameplay depth and variety
- A variety of maps with their own character, layout and intended playstyle
With help from Kickstarter backers they hope to add a singleplayer campaign with a striking story about tough choices and conflicting interest, as well as team-based multiplayer battles and co-op skirmishes versus AI.
Epicinium is hoping to raise £26,211/$30,000 and is currently 19 days away from ending its campaign. If this turn-based strategy game sounds your kettle of fish, have a look at their Kickstarter page.
Kate has been gaming since she could control a mouse. In addition to having a penchant for indie games, Kate had a World of Warcraft account when she was far too young, and has a weakness for any game with ‘RPG’ in the description.