The Golden Age of Steam trains coming to a PC near you.
Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Corbie Games, have today revealed Railroad Corporation, a tycoon strategy game set in 19th century North America during the Golden Age of the Steam train. Establish your own railroad, build the lines, buy the rolling stock and prosper in the cities you connect – compete against other railroad tycoons and work your way to the top. Marvel at the beautiful scenery that you must blast, dig and tunnel through – nothing must stop the railroad. Yurij Ishchuck, CEO over at Corbie Games, recently had this to say about the games development and why the team wanted to take the next step.
“After developing Bounty Train, a train simulation game, we wanted to take the next step and have a more global approach of running a Railroad company. We are very excited with how development is progressing and look forward to revealing more of the game to fans of the genre in the following weeks.”
Some of the key features the game also includes are:
- Build and manage your very own 19th Century Railroad Corporation, using track, tunnels, bridges and rolling stock
- Historically accurate locomotives and rolling stock to choose from – research and upgrade stock as you become more successful
- Blast, dig and tunnel through a beautiful landscape, from town-to-town
- Exert your influence on towns and cities, buy real-estate and run a vast business empire
- Play alone, against an opponent, or against many fierce competitors
- Engage in political lobbying, play the stock market and defend your huge business empire against your enemies
If you are interested in checking out the game, be sure to put the game on your Steam wishlist via the Railroad Corporation Steam page.
Hey look, it’s Jack, The Indie Game Website’s resident Australian! Fan of Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight and all things metroidvania. Part of our core news team, Jack believes games are more than just entertainment.